There is a ton of great information to be found on The PTSD Forum website. They have an article there about the ways we can tell we are healing our PTSD. Here’s an excerpt from an excellent article that provides the signs that you are healing:
What does having our trauma healed mean? How do we recognize when we have sufficiently healed from trauma?
This is the list of seven criteria for having resolved trauma. It was created by Claudia Black, Ph.D.
1. The physiological symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder have been brought within manageable limits.
2. The person is able to bear the feelings associated with the traumatic memories.
3. The person has authority over his/her memories. He/she can elect to remember the trauma and to put that memory aside.
4. The memory of the traumatic event/s is a coherent narrative, linked with feeling.
5. The person’s damaged self-esteem has been restored.
I think healing in ourselves often goes unnoticed. It’s nice to have these concrete signs to let us ponder the ways in whcih we may be healing without conscious thought.
I hope you’ll check out the PTSD Forum. You can become a member for free, and post your own thoughts and feelings, as well as connect with others who face the same challenges as yourself. You’ll also find people who are truly “healing their PTSD.” It’s an inspiring and helpful site.
To read the full article, go to: