There is a starling fact: Almost 80% of veterans do not use the VA for their health care! Plus most veterans do not belong to a Veterans Service Organization!
The Veterans Health Council’s Mission is:
“To improve health care for veterans by creating an ongoing forum for members o the medical and clinical professions, employee representatives, advocacy organizations, and healthcare firms to discuss, develop, and promote effective efforts to:
- Inform veterans and their families about health issues and benefits available to them.
- Educate health care communities about the multiple health issues associated with military service.
- Develop materials on veterans’ health issues for medical schools, nursing schools, teaching hospitals, and related educational outlets, and
- Advocate on behalf of veterans’ healthcare initiatives.
- Help veterans file for disability compensation.
The Council Hopes to Accomplish
Insuring that veterans get the proper diagnosis based on the impact of their particular military service.
For more information, go to:
It is so important to know what illnesses are connected with your service. It’s up to you to reach out and find the information that is vital to your health and welfare. Do it for yourself and your loved ones. Many resources are there when you know where to look.
I wish I had looked to the VA earlier, rather than waiting for a crisis to occur. Today there are so many more resources available to our veterans and their families, than during the Vietnam Era. Take advantage of them.